Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert J Guerreso has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Robert J Guerreso has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Robert J Guerreso is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I have been going to Dr Guerreso for well over 15 years. 10 years ago, I suddenly had very painful joints and shortness of breath. He took lots of blood work and discovered a rare antibody in my blood; a test that most doctors don't give as the disease is quite rare He was able to diagnose my autoimmune disease within weeks, whereas some doctors take years to discover what is going on with the patient. I have always been happy with both the doctor and his staff and highly recommend him.
Overall seems to be a good doctor but follow up by his staff on lab results is poor. Also they want you to use contact by web over the internet but they don't acknowledge that you have sent an inquiry at all so the patient never knows if someone is taking action on the question or not. Even an auto response to let the patient know the email question was received would be an improvement.
We have been patients at this office for 10+ years and our experiences have gotten worse and worse. The wait time is ridiculous and the office staff are less than friendly most of the nurses are OK. We have not been able to see Dr.Guerreso himself for over a year. He's always "full" so our care has been given by the PA'swho are very good. But seeing the physician himself should not be so difficult. we have recently had a life-threatening situation occur because of the poor communication and lack of caring and attention from this doctor and his practice.
Dr. Guerresso is nice, but you don't see him much during the visit. The nurses are nice, but not much is explained to you without much questioning. The office staff is brusque to the point of rudeness .
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
29 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Oakwood Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Robert J Guerreso accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLawrenceville Family Practice, 1730 Lawrenceville Suwanee Rd, Lawrenceville, GA
Dr. Robert J Guerreso is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lawrenceville, GA.