Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Hutchins
Dr. Robert Hutchins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wilmington, NC, with another office in Wilmington, NC. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Hutchins is affiliated with New Hanover Regional M.C.. Dr. Hutchins has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Hutchins has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert Hutchins is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Hutchins has been my doctor for many years. I wish everyone could have a doctor like him. If he can't find what is wrong with you, he will quickly try to find you someone that can help you. He has the best bedside manor and is just a great all around person. The only thing with him is, he hardly ever takes in new patients and that is bad for those that need a great and caring doctor that will really try to help them find out what is going on, and there are a lot of people that need a doctor like him that will stay on top of things with you. He really shows concern for his patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hutchins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New Hanover Regional M.C.
37 Years Experience
University of North Carolina
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert Hutchins in this video.
Dr. Robert Hutchins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, NC.