Robert Leland Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Robert Leland?

Terrible experience

Posted on January 23rd, 2017

Two failed joint replacement surgeries.. Poor to non-existent recovery plan. His work didn't rate an F but is was a D-.

Grounded and caring

Posted on October 15th, 2015

I'm very surprised at the reviews on here. I saw Dr Leland for a complex ankle issue from a failed surgery. He came highly recommended by one of the top UC Health orthopedic surgeons. He spent a lot of time with me and explained (and re-explained when necessary) what will need to be done in a future surgery. He encouraged me to get a 2nd opinion. I thought he was very down to earth and caring.

DO NOT RECOMMEND

Posted on April 30th, 2015

Dr. Leland was referred to me by three people, two of whom were doctors. After seeing Dr. Leland, I would NEVER recommend him. I unfortunately read his reviews after seeing him. I can agree with every negative review on here. Dr. Leland was not compassionate, thorough, or caring. If he would have taken some time with me he wouldn't have missed the life threatening DVT blood clot I have. If he had taken current x-rays, he would have also seen that my fracture displaced further than originally thought requiring surgery. Trust your gut on this one people.....if I didn't trust mine, I'm afraid of what could have happened to me.

Beware. If it ain't broke he'll "fix" it.

Posted on January 14th, 2015

BEWARE!! Leland is an arrogant know-it-all. Went in for a hammer toe repair 2 yrs ago. He just HAD to rebuild the whole foot. Surgery didn't heal after 1 yr. & was redone (at my expense). Finally healed enough to remove all the hardware 6 months ago (used a different surgeon). Have gone to physical therapy (at my expense), purchased orthotics (on my $$) and more. Have bulging areas, pain and swelling upon use. No more skiing for me. A simple day of errands lays me up. If it ain't broke don't fix it. "Fixing" one foot resulted in differing arch heights, hip levels, and shoe sizes just to mention a few nightmares. I recommend you find another surgeon.

Posted on December 19th, 2014

Made an unpleasant injury easy to manage

Big Mistake

Posted on April 16th, 2014

I had ankle surgery about nine years ago and my ankle gets progressively worse each year. I am in chronic pain daily and my ankle is definitely worse after having the surgery. I went back to him recently and he suggested I schedule for another surgery to once again "clean things up" in my ankle. He told me their wouldn't be any guarantees that the surgery would be successful this time either - what confidence!

Not the best

Posted on February 14th, 2014

Still in pain after over a year since ankle surgery. Dr. Leland seemed too busy to provide much needed post-surgery care for healing process.

On call Dr.

Posted on December 5th, 2013

Dr. Leland was the doc on call when my husband had a hip replacement. He was rude, condescending and non responsive. We have had such positive experiences with Mapleton Orthopedics in the past, this interaction has caused us to consider going else where for our care. I would never want to be treated by Dr. Leland again.

Bunion surgery with lapidus procedure

Posted on September 11th, 2013

I am a 24 year old female patient of lelands. I hate writing bad reviews because I know everyone is different but I have had a terrible recovery from this surgery. It has been almost a year to the date and I am still miserable. My toe doesn't move right, my foot swells and I can't sleep all the time, the numbness and tingling has never gone away. I can't say it is because of Dr Leland that this happened to me but he did do the surgery so I don't have anyone else to blame. My suggestion for anyone looking to get this surgery done is to get a few opinions and see what each doctor says. I have them on both feet and now I don't know of ill ever get the other one done because I can't spend another year of my life this miserable, especially if the first one doesn't heal.

Dr. Leland took care of our son with care as did staff!

Posted on August 1st, 2012

Dr. Lelalnd's staff ( Patti?) accommodated our urgent request for an appointment for our son. The X-rays were immediately available from the ER from 7 hours previously and Dr. Leland was excellent!We found him caring, attentive and very knowledgeable about sports injuries...terrific!!!

I don't know

Posted on December 14th, 2011

This is the first time I had ever seen him and needed a FMLA packet for my place of work, and he actually charges you $25 to fill it out. I find that very sad, you already have to pay the copay- plus for whatever he has to do for you and then $25 for 2 papers. I think I will be finding a new doctor because I don't even want to find out how much he is going to charge if i need surgery

Achilles tendon reconstruction...

Posted on November 28th, 2011

I got 3 opinions from 3 different foot/anklr specialists; Dr. Leland was recommended by one of the first two. I selected Dr. Leland based on this referral and because he seemed to be very sure of his diagnosis and himself. Some might find his self-assured attitude to be a bit cocky, but I didn,'t take him that way. His personality and mannerisms are simply very matter of fact. I found him to be very caring...he even called me at my home overseas to follow up since I had to return to the Pacific only a month after total Achilles reconstruction. I am 6 months post-op and doing well although Dr. Leland told me it will take a year for a full recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Leland!