Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Peters III
Dr. Robert Peters III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pottsville, PA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Peters is affiliated with Lehigh Valley Hospital-Schuylkill E Norwegian Street, Lehigh Valley Hospital-Schuylkill S Jackson Street and Schuylkill Medical Center - East Norwegian Street. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Peters III has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert Peters III has the following 5 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Robert Peters III is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Peters is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lehigh Valley Hospital-Schuylkill E Norwegian Street
Lehigh Valley Hospital-Schuylkill S Jackson Street
Schuylkill Medical Center - East Norwegian Street
Schuylkill Medical Center
Good Samaritan Medical Center
Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street
Schuylkill Medical Center East/Schuylkill Medical Center South
35 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1978
Mc Keesport Hospital
Dr. Robert Peters III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Locations & DirectionsIntegrated Medical Group PC Gastroenterology, 48 Tunnel Rd, Pottsville, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert Peters III in this video.
Dr. Robert Peters III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pottsville, PA.