Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert H Spencer
Dr. Robert H Spencer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pensacola, FL. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Spencer is affiliated with Gulf Breeze Hospital, Providence Hospital and Sacred Heart Hospital On The Emerald Coast. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert H Spencer has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert H Spencer has the following 13 expertise
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
Dr. Robert H Spencer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 2 of 2
My mother was brought to Gulf Breeze hospital by ambulance with Congestive Heart Failure. Dr. Spencer was assigned to her. We love him. He was very straighforward with a wonderful bedside manner. He made things really clear for my mom and she understands better than ever how her heart and meds work, and how diet (SALT) effects everything. THANK YOU Dr. Spencer. We get it!
Dr. Spencer not only is very knowledgeable about his field, he is very good with people too. He will take the time needed to explain the diagnosis to his patient and the family and make sure we all know what is going on and how it needs to be handled. He takes the time the patient and their family needs to answer questions as well. He is a very, very good doctor, the best we have seen in any location we have been in.
Dr. Spencer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Mississippi
Dr. Robert H Spencer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCardiology Consultants Baptist Campus, 1717 N E St Ste 331, Pensacola, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert H Spencer in this video.
Dr. Robert H Spencer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pensacola, FL.