Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert E Harper has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I'll start by saying that Dr. Harper is beloved by many women in the community, and when I met him he was very nice. Calming voice, did everything he could to make me feel comfortable. I just did not click with him, and I blame his evil chair. He has a chair. You, the woman, drops her bottoms, sits in it, and it lifts you into the air. It tilts back, your socks are suddenly far above you, and the bottom drops out. You feel a breeze. Flat on your back with your feet in stirrups is bad. This chair? Way worse. He tried to comfort me by resting a hand on one of my shins, a shin lifted way into the air above my head. He did not know that I hate to be touched. I don't even cuddle with people I know and love. Strange man with his hand on my naked leg while every bit of my privates are feeling a draft? Just not my cup of tea. He was super sweet, though. Helped me that pregnancy with a D&C because I had conceived a couple blighted ovums. Of course during the surgery I ended up getting a hospital born infection that caused me to poop blood. I spent the next week in the hospital watching commercials of First Response Tests and Subway commercials. They don't let you eat when you poop blood. Also got wacked in the face at some point and awoke from surgery with a fat lip. BUT! he is a very sweet and kind doctor. He's very understanding and knows just what to say when you have a loss. I can see why he's beloved. We just didn't click.
45 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1973
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Robert E Harper accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGreen Clinic Surgery Center, 1200 S Farmerville St, Ruston, LA
Dr. Robert E Harper is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ruston, LA.