2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Robert G Hayward?

Worst women's health practitioner I ever saw

This was nearly 30 years ago; I was a medical student assigned my 2-month OBGYN rotation. We were invited to write 'incident reports' on Hayward -- one of the teaching attendings -- because of his established practice of manually 'dilating' -- that is, tearing open -- women's uterine cervixes -- during labor, so that he could get out early and have dinner with the Bishop. He used cheesy, ugly staples to close surgical-birth ('C-section') wounds; I remember one case where he ordered me to remove the staples -- though the wound was clearly not healed -- so that he could 'discharge' the woman home. I did -- against my better judgement; the wound dehisced -- separated -- the nurse and I taped it together with Steri-strips; and the poor woman was forced out and away before she was even ready. He was a sleaze, a huckster, and the epitome of male-dominant woman-hating patriarchal health care. I would classify his actions as sexual abuse of patients. Katharine Hikel, MD

Would NOT recommend.

Although, I was able to make an appointment with him easily and he seemed nice enough, he just didn't seem to really care very much. I had some concerns for a procedure he recommended, but he didn't do much to relieve my concerns. There wasn't much in follow-up care. I now have to return (to my regular doctor who was on vacation at the time) because the procedure either wasn't performed properly or I wasn't given enough after-care instructions.

Dr. Robert G Hayward is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Burlington, VT.

Dr. Robert G Hayward Is this you?