Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Heckstall
Dr. Robert Heckstall, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC, with another office in Upper Marlboro, MD. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Heckstall is affiliated with George Washington University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Heckstall has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Robert Heckstall has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Robert Heckstall has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
I went to the ER at Washington Adventist for vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach pain. Dr. Heckstall was my attending physician. He spoke with me twice, asked if I had pain, sent me for an unneeded CT scan, diagnosed me with... diarrhea, and gave me a prescription for generic antibiotics. When the bill came, he tried to charge me $624!!! Add this to the $1000 the hospital charged me, including $400 for the CT scan and it adds up to extortion. Thanks for your uselessness Dr. Heckstall! How dare you?
Dr. Heckstall is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Hospital Suny Stony Brook
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert Heckstall is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.