Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert W Heiser has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 4 of 4
I have depended on Dr. Heiser for approximately 7 years. This doctor provides care that is far superior to the average. Dr. Heiser is dedicated to his patients in a way that I have never experienced before. He even returned an emergency phone call at night from his hotel room while he was attending a conference in another state ! I have found him to be extremely patient, committed to improving my overall health, and exceptionally cooperative. I can not recommend this doctor highly enough.
This doctor should not have a license to practice medicine. He makes his patients nothing but a shell of a person, and pushes narcotics. All of his patients are diagnosed with the same issue and are the worst drug seeking patients I've ever seen. Everyone knows when a Heiser patient comes to the hospital they are going to be a nightmare. Not everyone has chrons disease, and not everyone needs to be a zombie that needs their dilaudid, phenergan, and Benadryl like a human needs water. His patients think he is God when he is really just ruining their lives with misdiagnoses and poor treatment plans. Mostly aggressive treatment plans in which I've never seen any other GI doctor prescribe. Other doctors and health professionals are aware of what a quack he is too. What a joke.
Dr heiser is a liar and a thief and digs for off the wall problem that do not exist. He failed to submit insurance paperwork in a timely fashion causing me to have to pay over $800 out of pocket. His misdiagnosis and recommended aggressive treatment plan, that if followed, would have cause me to pay thousands in medications not covered by insurance as well as having to go to the hospital regularly for treatment which would not have done anything for the i issue because of his misdiagnosis. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOTOR
Dr. Heiser is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1980
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Robert W Heiser accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFlorida Spine And Brain Llc, 20 Barkley Cir, Fort Myers, FL
Dr. Robert W Heiser is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Myers, FL.