Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert S Hix
Dr. Robert S Hix, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fayetteville, AR, with another office in Johnson, AR. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Hix is affiliated with Siloam Spring Memorial Hospital. Dr. Hix has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert S Hix has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Robert S Hix has the following 11 expertise
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
Dr. Robert S Hix has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Robert S Hix is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Hix is a great doctor and surgeon. I read the previous comment and have to disagree. You can have a complication following any surgery and it isn't the doctor's fault. He has taken care of me for 3 pregnancies and performed 3 C-sections. He was excellent! He has great bedside manner and really cares about his patients. I would recommend him to everyone I know and trust him with my life!
I liked him at first, enough to put my life in his hands. But then he did my hysterectomy and forgot to clamp a main artery. I started internal bleeding that he did not catch. I kept complaining of the pain and the nurse staff ignored me. The next morning my mom walked in my room to find me white as a sheet. She saved my life. She got the head nurse who knew after taking 1 look at me. I had lost liters of blood and went straight into surgery with blood pumping in my body as they fixed the clamp. Dr. Hix almost did me in from his mistake. Within 30 minutes I would have been gone. I tried about 5 times to get my medical records from Willow Creek, I finally received Dr. Hix's report. He covered up his mistake and made himself look like a hero. I was so disgusted I never set foot in that clinic again! I had to have two more surgeries by another OBGYN.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hix is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine
Dr. Robert S Hix accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert S Hix in this video.
Dr. Robert S Hix is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fayetteville, AR.