Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert C Hood has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Walked out on waiting patients for lunch with wife and gave no time of return. Sign in office to go to desk if not waited on meant nothing. We had 11AM appointment and went to the desk at 11:30 and could not get any idea when we would see the doctor. They said he was still there. Then about noon found out he was gone. Would not recommend even if I had to go to Houston to see such a specialist. I don't think he is needed in the USA.
Getting an appointment with this establishment is horrible. Apparently these people do not care about the urgency of seeing a sick patient. Especially one with high calcium levels that are extremely dangerous. Been trying for over two weeks and finely blew my stack. Never will be able to see them in the future now and don't want to. I recommend patients to turn him in to the medical board. He is costing lives.
Dr. Hood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Dr. Robert C Hood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEndocrinology Associates of Southeast Texas, 3030 North St Ste 560, Beaumont, TX
Dr. Robert C Hood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beaumont, TX.