Dr. Robert Fox Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Fox?

He's a genius!

Posted on May 16th, 2015

I am so relieved to have finally found a doctor that understands SS. My blood results from two different labs were very different. I had gone to two other rheumatologists in my area and they couldn't give me a straight answer as to what was going on. I was hesistant to go to Dr. Fox due to the cost but was desperate at this point. After my first visit I felt like it was worth every penny and even more! Luckily my insurance was willing to reimburse me 70% so that really helped as well. He was very thorough and comforting. He explained everything in great detail and even explained odds and prevention of progression. Turns out I am borderline for SS and have pretty high odds of it not progressing. He gave me hope when every other doctor was basically saying there is nothing they can do. He even helped me with my GI issues and is now helping with my horrible allergies. He has a lot of experience and is truly an expert. Whatever his reason is for not accepting insurance has nothing to do with him caring for his patients. I have yet to find a doctor that has taken this much time with me and comforted me like Dr. Fox did. He even emailed me the day after my labs to eat a few extra bananas to up my potassium a bit! I was super impressed with his follow up and dedication. His staff is also incredible. They always answer the phone and respond to emails promptly. They greet you with a smile and seeing that they are happy tells you something about the doctor as well. I highly recommend this doctor to anyone looking to have clear answers and the best treatment and care possible.

Go see someone else

Posted on February 17th, 2015

He's not in the business to heal. He's in it for the money and not a balanced opinion.

Thank you, Dr. Fox!

Posted on February 20th, 2014

Dr. Fox, the rheumatologist (not the therapist mistakenly reviewed under his name on this site) has a broad and deep understanding of internal medicine and rheumatology. I have been to so many specialists who had no idea what was wrong with me, and some just said I was crazy. Dr. Fox figured it out! And he knows what to do to treat me. He spends time with me and is very thorough, well worth it. If he orders tests, I have them all done through Scripps, which takes my insurance. Finally, I feel like I am in good hands and trust his keen medical acumen.

Wonderful person and MD

Posted on November 15th, 2012

Dr. Fox is an exceptional person and rheumatologist. He has kept me healthy for a long time. He has expectations that patients will do their best to keep up their health as well.

Posted on August 13th, 2011

Unless your rich you can't get in to see this doctor. He wants $400. the first visit and doesn't take insurance. I am new in the area, he is one of three doctors who understand SS. I am out of remission and can't find a doctor to help me. I would of been the ferfect case study due to having Esp. Barr, Toxic Shock syn. Pscoraic Artritis, and other auto immune dieases. Its said when a doctor is all about the money and not the patient. I don't believe in his case studies because if you don't take insurance and a follow up appt is $200 plus the testing. This is an out rage. After spending an hour reading his articles, I really wonder if he understands the disease. Not once was it mentioned about tendon involvement nor rashes, etc. It's alot more then about the eyes and mouth! When a doctor puts money or cost above patiences then its time to be put to pasture! Your not about the job at hand only what is placed in it. I called explaining I have been running a fever, rash, torn tendens, etc. the Mrs. could only talk about the money, cost and refused to take Medicare and Medi. We didn't ask to be in this situation and if he understood the disease he'd be more understanding and take a few M&M cases!

He thinks I'm faking it!!!

Posted on March 21st, 2011

After suffering with pain for 6 months, I came from 300 miles to see this Dr. The diagnosis: He thinks I'm faking it!!! I'm still suffering, but am now headed to a pain management clinic for some temporary relief until someone can find out what is wrong with me. What a diappointment!!!

Posted on December 10th, 2009

Dr fox is exceptionally bright - comitted to finding the right medical solution- His follow up is excellent. I have other doctors in the past none can compare with Dr. Fox in terms of knowledge, bedside manners and most importantly spending time to resolved medical issues

healthcare

Posted on August 14th, 2009

Excellent dr., asks a lot of questions and takes notes on all. Listens intently to patient concerns. Explains your conditions how to treat and effects medicines could have. Excellent follow up via email or phone. Also does not rush you in and out of his office. Dr Fox is truly in the business to help patients.

Alaska patient

Posted on June 25th, 2009

I live in Alaska where there is only one rheumatologist (2 when I found Dr. Fox). I needed a second opinion and through my dentist found Dr. Fox. Although my diagnosis was correct (RA & Sjogren's Syndrome) the treatment & medical advice I got in Alaska verged on malpractice. Dr. Fox did a thorough initial exam and then I returned a few days later for the follow-up. He changed my medications and the result was life-altering. He is smart, witty and caring. The person who referred me to him had done a huge amount of research to find him. The results of my first visit confirmed everything I had heard. I decided then to change doctors and have been traveling to San Diego about 3 times a year. He also monitored me when I had both my knees replaced. I did it in La Jolla because I knew he would be involved. He recommended the surgeon I used and he was wondeful too. You can't go wrong with this Doctor.

Posted on May 8th, 2016