Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert G Insley has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Adult Medicine
Showing 3 of 3
This was my primary care physician, I have seen him several times in the last year for masses in my liver that were developing and causing pain. I was told surgery was best option, and he was to refer me to a surgeon. He referred me to 3 doctors, and after calling all of them I learned NONE of them did surgery of the liver. I called my PCP several times, left several voice messages on his answering machine to please call me back with names of other doctors.. It's been 4 months and I still haven't heard from him.On another occasion I had brought my 21 month old daughter with me (and this was not the first time), I am a single mother with no resources to babysitters so I sit at home with my kid, and she goes with me everywhere. I was waiting in the room as I do any other time, and he came in and said "Couldn't find a babysitter today?" and I replied back with, "No, I always bring her in." He proceeded to talk and my child began to fuss a bit, and he refused to say another word with her there, told me to reschedule, and not to bring her back to the office with me again. He sounded so cold hearted and mean in his voice. I was so frustrated with this doctor that I had to bring my parents in with me the next visit, so they could get some answers on my condition.
Dr. Insley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1972
Baystate Medical Center
Dr. Robert G Insley accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRobert Geer Insley Md, 69 Crows Pond Rd, North Chatham, MA
Dr. Robert G Insley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Chatham, MA.