Dr. Robert Izor Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Robert Izor?

To Quick to Diagnose!!

Posted on October 5th, 2017

Within seeing me for 10 minutes, he diagnosed me with Parkinsons.

Money Hungry Jerk!

Posted on September 25th, 2017

Over the last few years, I have seen Dr. Izor only a couple of times. I always get a PA, get listened to like they are doing me a favor with zero results, and no advancement to my Parkinson's takes place. Izor must think he is a god who is too important to actually meet with his patients and does not care about them at all! He only cares about the money in his wallet. In fact, I never see him in the office. Most of his staff is rude. Try calling on the phone and getting a live person...what a joke! I would recommend going anywhere but here. He may have a beautiful resume, but it is all in writing...all for his ego and paycheck. He could give a crap about his patients. There are two types of doctors. Those that go into it because they want to make a difference and care about people and those who want to thicken their wallet. He is the latter.

Posted on September 14th, 2017

Professional and caring staff.

Poor listener, concerned more about numbers.

Posted on April 28th, 2017

I had DBS surgery 10 months ago and am still having difficulty. I am a tremor dominant Parkinson's patient that was told I was a perfect candidate for DBS. Although the surgery did help my tremors it caused other side affects that offset its success. Dr Izor is insensitive to his patience, brash in his comments and way too aggressive in his programming of DBS..I highly encourage you to look elsewhere if you're interested in having your Dr. sit and listen to and appreciate your concerns and issues.

Posted on September 29th, 2016

Dr. Izor specializes in movement disorders but the first thing he talked to me about was my weight. I didn't pay a high copay to a movement disorder specialist to talk about my weight

Dr. Robert Izor is great.

Posted on August 3rd, 2016

I had DBS (Deep Brain Stimulation) surgery for both sides of my brain, for essential tremor. It was 100% effective. Dr. Izor was in the operating room during the procedure, testing me to make sure the electrodes were in exactly the right place. Over the eleven months since the operation Dr Izor and his well-trained staff have continually monitored and adjusted the device so that I am able to write, paint, type, do carpentry work, cast a fishing lure, and carry on most of the activities I could when I was younger (I am 73). They issued a controller so that I can adjust the device myself. In short, I got my life back. In addition, Dr. Izor counsels me about how to keep my brain healthy and delay cognitive decline. So I think Dr. Izor and his staff are an eleven out of ten.

Better Options Available

Posted on June 29th, 2016

Izor's interest is piqued by two things: Billings and potential use in side projects outside his speciality, as a hormone treatments, Botox injections and his obsession with anti-aging regimes. (Izor aggressively tries to sell his patients on unproven therapies and small trials outside his specialization of neurology). He used to have the sense to hire good people around him, but they (save one), have left. What's left is a staff insensitive (save one) to the quality of patient/practitioner interaction. You can do better.

immature

Posted on January 15th, 2016

Is immature arrogant. Terrible bedside manner. Staff is overworked, rude at times.

Read the Truth here

Posted on January 7th, 2015

I read some of these reviews and say to myself: What the $#%$ are they talking about. I became as patient of Dr. Izor's about 3 years ago by recommendation from my General Neurologist. At that time I was about 7 years with PD and the disease was starting to progress and symptoms were increasing beyond the tremors. My gait had gotten to the point where I frequently used a cane. i tired quickly, had speech problems and was just 47 years old. Then I was introduced to Dr. Izor and my PD life changed. I had read and researched a fair bit about DBS and approached Dr. Izor about the DBS procedure. We talked and he gave us even more information on DBS. He talked of the benefits of DBS and also the potential risks of DBS and Brain Surgery. When my wife and I decided to go for it r. Izor made sure I was a good candidate for the procedure. I had to go through a series physical tests, blood test as well as psychological and mental ability tests.. These test took about a year to complete before being accepted for DBS. Although he does not do DBS himself, the neurosurgeon he uses is the best in the city, he is present during the whole procedure. I found out later that this is very rare and only he DBS centers in the world have both doctors there during entire procedure. The post-op follow up is awesome with regular and frequent visits for programming tweaking, medication adjustments and personal progress. I am about 14 months with DBS now feel 10-15 years younger since DBS. Enough about DBS. Dr. Izor or Neurology Solutions as the practice is called, takes great care in making sure his patients get well rounded care. He always takes time to talk and get a feel for how I am really doing not just how I say I'm doing. I never feel rushed and frequently he is there past 5 with me. Waiting room waits are usually short, although a bit of a wait sometimes once in you are called back, but you can put the dvd in and time will fly on by. His PA's and staff all play roles in your care. I would highly recommend Dr. Izor to any PD patient and if you are even considering DBS give him a visit. Thank you.

Busy and scattered

Posted on July 14th, 2013

Dr Izor told me on first visit that i needed DBS. This was early on, when i had only mild loss of arm swing, mild tremor in hand , was on no Parkinson's meds . I declined. Thereafter he gave me a long list of meds to try first one, increase it, if problems go to the next one etc.. i was very uncomfortable with this style of practice. He was too busy to really sit down and talk with me and explain things. I have also seen him operate on DBS Patients Who had poor outcomes most likely because they were poor candidates for the procedure in the first place. I have some uncertainty as to his clinical judgment due to the DBS case selections that I have seen and my own experience where later in the disease process he was unable to distinguish between ADHD and grossly under medicated Parkinson's disease, despite being given two separate opportunities before I switched movement specialists. Dr Izor is generally affable and his staff is super friendly and helpful.

great neurologist

Posted on July 1st, 2011

This neurologist is a specialist in the field of movement disorders. He has a great office staff and appointments are made to my convenience. He is extremely knowledgeable and gives me confidence that I am receiving every treatment available for my condition. He prescribes therapy according to the latest research based practice, and discusses the research with each recommendation that is made. Most importantly, he treats me and my health as a whole person, not just from the aspect of my disease. This includes addressing sleep issues, depression, weight loss, exercise needs, physical therapy, antioxidant strategies, and supplementation for any abnormal lab readings. I do sometimes have to wait 10 or 20 minutes to be seen past my appointment time, but he has also ran overtime on many of my appointments. This means to me, that he provides all needed care for each patient independent of time constraints. I know that when it is my time to be seen, that my problems will be addressed, even if it takes more than the alloted time that is scheduled to be seen. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a movement disorders specialist, and sincerely feel that he is the best available in central Texas, compared to the other available neurologist in our area.

His time is money, my time means nothing waited for him

Posted on May 12th, 2011

I've never had a physician discuss insurance companies not paying him,he's going to go broke.I overheard him telling another physician about not capitalizing on the highest coded visit. I'm becoming very concerned about doctors, that might just be fooling us all just to live the good life,