4 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Robert J Fritz?

Older and wiser

Dr Fritz was my 1st obgyn. I guess that I could claim to not know any better, but I chose to ignore the feeling in my gut. It was my 1st pregnancy. When I asked about what to do/not do during my pregnancy, I was told 'don't drink or smoke'. So, I got more advice from a friend. Every time that I was in his office I was given a pelvic exam. I later found out that was not necessary or normal. I am all for being casual, but jeans and a flannel shirt? I came in for an ultrasound and that is when I found out that the baby had stopped growing. The ultrasound tech was very cold and rude on top of everything. When I asked what would happen next, I was told that I would need to let nature take its course. I carried the fetus for another 5 weeks wondering everyday if that would be the day. He told me that if the pain was too bad I could go to the hospital and if I stayed home, I should bring it into the office after it passed. The only good thing that I have to say is that his front desk lady was very friendly. I have since found a new obgyn that I love and had a beautiful healthy daughter, but I still have nightmares about this experience. I think that I have made that point pretty clear since it is 5+ years later and I am writing a review about a doctor that has since retired.