Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert J Santella
Dr. Robert J Santella, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Gynecology and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Santella is affiliated with Alvarado Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Santella has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert J Santella has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Robert J Santella has the following 13 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Breast Exam
Dr. Robert J Santella is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I've been seeing Dr. Santella for about 20 years. He is a great doctor. He always figures out what's wrong when other docs fail, especially ER docs. He is courteous and professional. He doesn't dilly dally around. I've been very happy with him BUT his new office staff keeps me from going back. The receptionist is extremely rude. There aren't any soft tones to her voice at all. She's very rude, argumentative and extremely unprofessional. I've been a medical assistant for 20 years and have never experienced an MA doing this to patients. It's horrible. Because of her, I will seek a new doc and that's a terrible thing to have to do after 20 years. I give the doc 5 stars but because of his staff and how uncomfortable I am returning, I have to rate it this way.
Dr. Santella's lack of respect and empathy towards his patients is disturbing. I left after having a very brief discussion in his office with him about my health history. He was extremely unprofessional, insensitive, and disrespectful. I did not stay for an exam. Also, the office was disgusting. The chair I sat in was stained with pieces of ripped up toilet paper/paper towels in it. I was hesitant to sit. I wouldn't bring my dog to a veterinarian if their office looked the way this office looks. Despicable.
He is a good doctor but his new staff personnel just terrible. They don't know what they doing at all bunch of mistakes.Don't ever go there .
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Santella is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Robert J Santella accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSantella France L Mft, 4531 College Ave, San Diego, CA
Dr. Robert J Santella is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.