Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Jaros
Dr. Robert Jaros, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Manchester, NH, with another office in Shelburne Falls, MA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Radiology and Nuclear Medicine. Dr. Jaros is affiliated with Elliot Hospital and Catholic Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Jaros has the following 2 specialties
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.
These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
Dr. Jaros is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Catholic Medical Center
45 Years Experience
State University of New York Downstate
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Robert Jaros accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert Jaros is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Manchester, NH.