Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert C Juer has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Robert C Juer has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Robert C Juer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Juer informed me from the beginning, he could help me by informing me I need to see my regular physician consistently, instead of switching around to Dr's in the office. I informed him, I didn't request other Dr's but my PCP is not available when I am, I have a pretty tight schedule due to my profession. His response to me was "don't you think your Dr has a pretty tight schedule too." and that is how the visit went. after berating me and talking smug and down to me a few times, he offered me a referral to a physical therapist. I requested a cortisone shot to hold me over until that appointment can be made, his response was "I cant prescribe you a narcotic." I wasn't aware those were in the same class, and I consider myself an educated black man. that seemed to be the problem. I am black, and he didn't want to care for me. I have NEVER had that issue before with anyone in my life, for it to come from a Dr that refused to care for me during my visit, is deplorable. His only objective with me the entire visit was to berate me.
I haven't been to Dr.juer in a few months I went today I remember why I didn't go back to him my phone rang during our appointment he says if I was going to the doctor I would turn my phone off it's very distracting mind you I have two sick children at home with the babysitter so I wasn't going to turn my phone off I did not pick up the phone I hit the ignore button at the end of our appointment he was about to go over the paperwork with me of what we discussed my phone rang again he tossed the paperwork at me and told me I guess you're too busy walked away and nearly slammed the door in my face!! He is always very rude to me I don't no why bc I am always very pleasent with him... I changed doctors today!!!
I was disappointed to find out that my ankle swelling had a lot to do with my heart and weight which were not properly diagnosed for internal issues or disease. Dr. Juer is a nice man and he did recommend that I exercise and lose weight but I need a doctor who will focus on where the problem stems instead of just elevating my legs and putting on some stockings. You should never practice putting on a band-aid to provide a quick fix when the problem may only worsen.
He is defensive, and uncaring unless the tests he runs shows otherwise. He has no patience. He will look at tests, shrug.. and say well then I don't know, without looking at your whole problem. If his suggested course of action doesn't work, it will be your fault. I have actually left there in tears.
I lived in Austin and went to a medical clinic that had many branches with many doctors. You were lucky to get 5 minutes with a doctor. Seeing Dr. Juer was like medicine used to be. He takes his time and is very thorough.
39 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Robert C Juer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert C Juer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Virginia Beach, VA.