Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert K Garrison
Dr. Robert K Garrison, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ventura, CA. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Garrison is affiliated with Ventura County Medical Center, Valley Childrens Hospital and Doctors Hospital Manteca. Dr. Garrison has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert K Garrison has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 15
Dr Garrison took over my Dr's practice right out of residency from VCMC in 1981 and I stayed with him until I left Ca. In 2011. He spent time talking with, not at, me, asked about my family, and was always concerned if I had any health or family issues. I will always remember how caring and gentle he is and how emotional he was when I had emergency surgery to save my life and when he gave me the diagnosis of MS. he went out of his way to make sure any meds or treatments were the right ones for me. His staff was also caring and I was scheduled within an hour to two days from my calls. The wait was sometimes 30 minutes but the care and service was worth it. I miss him terribly, he has even helped me recently with a special request even though I am out of state.
Dr Garrison has the best bedside manner I have ever experienced. He spends a lot of time with me, goes over my chart completely and reviews previous history and listens. He does not seem rushed even though I know he has a lot of patients. He is also a very compassionate and caring doctor who does not blow off even the smallest concern I have.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Garrison is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Ventura County Medical Center
Dr. Robert K Garrison accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBrent Street Family Practice, 168 N Brent St Ste 502, Ventura, CA
Dr. Robert K Garrison is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ventura, CA.