4.8

Have you seen Dr. Robert K Shuler Jr?

Very nice!

Awesome Surgeon

Dr. Shuler is an excellent surgeon. I had a macular hole in my retina. He immediately scheduled surgery for me and did an AWESOME job. My recovery has been superb. I find Dr. Shuler to be very kind, caring and thoughtful doctor. He took the time to answer my questions and explain the details of the major surgery and recovery. I wouldn't trust any other surgeon but Dr. Shuler!

Excellent Results!

A sudden change in my vision required an evaluation by a retina specialist and Dr. Shuler was highly recommended. He is very thorough and professional. He took time to explain my situation in detail, discussing my options, risks and possible complications. My eye required surgery and it was a complete success! Restoration of my vision has been a wonderful gift. I am thankful for Dr. Shuler!

Excellent

Dr. Shuler was able to repair an almost completely detached retina. Went out of his way to see us in his clinic on a Sunday and scheduled surgery for the next day. I was so lucky he was the on call ophthalmologist. Rather then losing sight in the eye it now is corrected to 85% and continues to improve. At 83 years it is nice to not be seen as hopeless. Many many thanks to Dr. Shuler who continues to follow my progress. He is a very skilled surgeon and caring physician.

Excellent Doctor

Dr. Shuler was able to repair my very detached retina. I am so thankful for his abilities and knowledge to do the work he does. He answers all my questions and explains things well at my follow up visits .

Michael Welch

Dr. Shuler has perform two surgeries on my right eye. One four years ago for repair of a detached retna and again this year for a whole in the same retna. Both times he was able to save my eyesight in my right eye. He and the staff has always been very supportive and professional. I highly recommend him.

He is the best!!!

Dr. Shuler is by far the best at what he does. He is extremely intelligent, listens to his patients, has the best bedside manner, and always explains things so you can understand them. There is absolutely no other retina specialist I would trust my eyes to. As long as he is in practice, he is the only one I will ever see.

Condescending and Rude

Dr Shuler’s staff was very kind at my mother’s next day post op appointment. Dr. Shuler however was not. He spoke condescendingly to my mother immediately after the very first sentence out of her mouth. Then, when I attempted to explain to him that she wasn’t “telling” him something, as he had assumed, but was merely asking a question he then spoke rudely to me telling me there would be time for questions later. Both my mother and I then remained silent. After Dr Shuler did all he needed to do and said all he needed to say he turned to head out the door without asking if we had questions or concerns. I then said “with your permission, we have some questions to ask you”. His response to me was “I don’t know why you’re being so rude I’m doing a favor to (Mom) by seeing her so she doesn’t have to go all the way to Knoxville”. He was projecting his own rudeness onto me. When we walked out the office door my mother, who never has anything bad to say about anyone, turned to me and said “that’s the rudest doctor I have ever seen”. And there you have it, straight from the horses mouth.

Dr. Shuler is a very professional and thorough physician. It is obvious that he cares about his patients and wants the very best for them. I can highly recommend him.

Mr Bill Mullins

This wonderful Dr. is a miracle worker. My vision has improved and now I can drive again after 18 months of not having eyesight good enough to drive. Dr. Shuler gave me back my independence. Thank you for the great service you provide.

Highly skilled, impeccably professional retinal surgeon

I had an outstanding outcome from retinal surgery performed by Dr. Shuler on my one functioning eye. Three years out, vision in that eye is 20/20, corrected. Post-surgical followup was excellent. I am so lucky that he did the work on that eye. Dr. Shuler has my strongest recommendation.

At 59 years of age, I detached both retinas. Prior to the detachments, I was wearing corrective lenses for my distance vision and I had to wear reading glasses as well. after the surgeries, the sight in both eyes are now 20-20. My distance vision is now perfect but I still need reading glasses for small print. Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected my eyesight to actually improve after the repairs. What Dr. Shuler accomplished was nothing short of magical. I could not recommend anyone any more highly!

Dr. Robert K Shuler Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.