Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. George Kaftan Jr
Dr. George Kaftan Jr, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Sandusky, OH, with other offices in Sandusky, OH and Sandusky, OH . He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Kaftan is affiliated with Firelands Reg Med Ctr-Main Campus, Firelands Regional Medical Center - South Campus and Firelands Regional Main Campus. Dr. Kaftan has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. George Kaftan Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 13
I haven't had a regular Doctor in over 30 years. When I needed a trip to the ER, and a defibrillator I had a Hospitalist and needed a Dr. for when I was released. My Son recommended his Dr. Which is Dr Kaftan. He took me in as a new patient and I have had him for about 2 years now. I am able to get in when I need and he handles my visits and medicine refills. He is always very considerate and helpful if I have any questions.
New patient form filled out, I was told I would get a call back the same day or by the end of the next day, I received no calls. I went to office and they lost my paperwork after I waited a half hour to find that out they wanted me to fill it all out again just to see if he would accept me as a new patient. Very unorganized!
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kaftan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Firelands Reg Med Ctr-Main Campus
Firelands Regional Medical Center - South Campus
Firelands Regional Main Campus
Firelands Regional Medical Center
14 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1999
Dr. George Kaftan Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. George Kaftan Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sandusky, OH.