Dr. Robert E Karsch Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert E Karsch?

Do not recommend

Dr Karsch appeared smart with a playful attitude. I believed he had experience and knew what he was doing. I was referred by my orthopedic doctor who knew I needed surgery to the type of fracture. Dr. Karsch just kept me in the medical boot and did not do the surgery. I tried to explain the pain I was in in my final visit with him but he said his farewell and rushed off to see the next patient. Several months later I am still in pain and decided to seek a second opinion. I had an MRI done. The fracture was still present along with some severe dislocation of bones. I was told that the surgery should have been done and we might have much better results if the surgery was done. I am not sure why Dr. Karsch did not take my condition seriously and would never recommend him!

Former patient

After 2 appointments, did not explain diagnosis. His office billed my insurance company for surgical procedure & x-rays that I did not receive.

Have not seen since 2005, had surgery, was very pleaed

After waiting 1 hour 15 minutes for my appointment, Dr. Karsch spent all of 10 minutes with me and wanted me to schedule surgery. Thank goodness I got a second opinion who found another issue with my knee that Dr. Karsch did not originally identify. Based on my first and only interaction I will not be going back to Dr. Karsch.

I was having knee pain and went to Dr. Karsch, assuming that he would be the best person to go to given that he is an orthopaedic surgeon. Now the staff was great, he was very nice and answered all the questions I had during my initial visit, and the wait at his office was close to nothing. He took an x-ray of my knee, found nothing, and then recommended an MRI. I got a phone call regarding my MRI results, which Dr. Karsch said was perfectly normal. I was in a lot of pain so I found this unusual, so I asked what to do next, and was told that it's "probably just inflammation. Do no activity for two weeks, and take 2 Aleve twice a day. Start running short distances again after the two weeks." In the mean time, I had my MRI results sent to two internal medicine doctors for second and third opinions. Both internal medicine doctors called me immediately and told me I have a small meniscus tear. The torn meniscus is not some out-of-this-world rare disease that may be difficult to diagnose. An orthopaedic surgeon should have been the first person to notice this on an MRI scan. I am extremely disappointed by Dr. Karsch's diagnosis. Had I not gotten the other opinions and started running again, I would most likely have severely torn my meniscus and had to have surgery, which would have cost several thousands of dollars. I am not going back to Dr. Karsch.