3.3

Have you seen Dr. Robert L Kaufmann?

Worst experiences

Horrible experience, I gave a year of my time to this doctor and the office. I never waited less than 45 minutes for an appointment and I always scheduled to be the 1st or 2nd appointment of the morning. Also, after a thyroid biopsy, his nurse called and told me I had cancer. Went in for an apt 2 weeks later (yes - 2 weeks because there wasn't an earlier appt) and he informed me that I don't have cancer, the nurse made a mistake. Can you imaging thinking you have cancer for 2 weeks??? He also told me that I need to buck up and stop eating, max at 500 calories a day to lose weight. It didn't matter that I was only eating salads and grilled chicken (boring) and was completely exhausted all the time. Went to a new doctor and after a couple of tests found out that I have Celiac Disease on top of hypo-thyroidism. Now beginning to lose weight.

Terrible "Doctor"

Dr. Kaufmann was the most racist doctor I have ever seen. He asked his nurse if I spoke english right in front of me based on my tan. I have always lived here in the states. He then asked if my husband (who was not there) was "fat like me". It was sureal how poorly this man treated me. If you care about yourself or your family DO NOT USE THIS JERK.

Dr. Kaufmann is an excellent endocrinologist. The office is big, multiple drs of related specialties, lotsa patients all the time, appt times often run late. However, the staff is very nice, Dr. K is a little curmudgeonly sometimes but never nasty. He's sympathetic but expects you to do YOUR job in improving your health, while he does his job, too. VERY good 13-yr relationship with Dr. K and his office.

Dr. Robert L Kaufmann is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Frederick, MD.