Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert M Kec has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
We were visiting my husband's family in Prescott Valley, he had been feeling mildly unwell all day. We got to the ER about 10:30pm, the staff got us right into a room. It all went downhill after Dr Kec came in though. He wasn't interested in in listening to us, just ordered a couple tests. When he couldn't read the chest x-ray, he blamed my husband for not letting them get a good one (I've since heard the radiologist report stating that pneumonia was present). He sent us home with a misdiagnosis and pain meds. The next evening back home in Flagstaff my husband wasn't feeling ant better so we went in to the ER there. They immediately admitted him and two days later he was having surgery. If we had listened to Dr Kec, he might not have survived. Awful bedside manner, no empathy for the sick,and worst of all he was completely wrong.
I dont understand why someone would go to the ER and the Dr. askes the patient what he should do. No bedside matter at all and made me feel like I was inconveniencing him. When he walked away from me he went and sat down and ate his sandwich. After waiting over an hour to get the meds I was told he was going to give me I told him I was leaving. The lady at the front desk said does your nurse know you are leaving and I said I havent see a nurse. Nurse came to me said just give me a minute (he was very nice) he couldnt find my chart. It was where the Dr. left it when he walked away from me over an hour ago. Dr. Kec came back to me and I said, I was going to leave and he said let me give you a RX. and sent me home. Then after all that I finally had my temp taken and blood pressure. When someone is sick and going in to the ER, the last thing they need is to be treated with disrespect and an inconvenience. I find it so sad, if they want to practice medicine...thats great. But have a heart, make people feel that we are going to be cared for and help them. So unprofessional and truly truly sad!!
Dr. Kec is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Morristown Medical Center
Dr. Robert M Kec accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsYavapai Regional Medical Center West, 1003 Willow Creek Rd, Prescott, AZ
Dr. Robert M Kec is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Prescott, AZ.