Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert A Kolanz
Dr. Robert A Kolanz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Torrance, CA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Vascular & Interventional Radiology. Dr. Kolanz is affiliated with Providence Little Co of Mary Medical Center Torrance. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert A Kolanz has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
- Vascular & Interventional Radiology
- PET Scan
- CT Scan
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I had to have a myelogram to look at my neck after a car accident. I had had a fusion surgery previously, and the titanium was clouding the MRI. Dr. Kolanz was the radiologist who performed the procedure, and he explained every step to me as we went along. He tried to prevent headache, but needed to re-tip me to get more dye into the neck area. I was very appreciative of Dr. Kolanz's communication with me as well as with my husband. He took the time to go out to explain to my husband why they had to take me back in after the first attempt at the CT scan. The procedure, while uncomfortable, was not nearly as bad as I had feared, nor as others described their experiences, as Dr. Kolanz was very patient and skillful in introducing the needle for the spinal tap. I don't know if you can request a particular radiologist when you need such procedures, but if you can, I recommend Dr. Kolanz.
Dr. Kolanz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Robert A Kolanz accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Imaging Of South Bay Inc, 4101 Torrance Blvd, Torrance, CA
Dr. Robert A Kolanz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrance, CA.