Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert C Kowal
Dr. Robert C Kowal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Kowal is affiliated with Baylor Hamilton Heart Vascular Hospital. Dr. Kowal has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert C Kowal has the following 1 specialty
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Heart Block
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Atrial Fibrillation
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Sudden Cardiac Death
Showing 5 of 25
Dr Kowal is an exceptional and extraordinary doctor. As others have said, he really listens to your concerns and is engaged in your health care. He is extremely intelligent but communicates with his patience on their level. He is humble and caring. He took great care of my son and ensured that he was accommodated fir his special needs. I am so grateful to him for correcting my son's problems. My son has been symptom free ever since. If you are looking for exceptional care, Dr Kowal would be worth the time to see him
Yes. This Dr. and his partners up and left the Baylor Heart Place, without notice. Him and Dr. Wheeling, and the other 2 partners, abandoned their patients, who depend on them for pacemaker and defibrillators check and adjustments. They abandoned the clinic and the staff members. They are competent Dr. but hello, it shows bad character to abandon their patients like that, the hospital, the contracts, etc. Go elsewhere. Also, they never did a thorough history and physical, with poor screening of previous medications and were put on dangerous blood thinners with history of bleeds in the brain and other organs. Some were hospitalized for that.
I can't say enough nice things about Dr. Kowal. First, he really listens! Second, he is excited to care for you. I had been to countless doctors for my AF and all they wanted to do was put me on more or different drugs. Dr. Kowal actually treated the problem. I've been without AF and drug free for 6 months and I no longer have to worry about when my heart is going to go crazy again and land me in the hospital. On one of my check-up after the surgery he was visibly as happy on the outside as I was on the inside.
Bridges to Excellence: Cardiac Care Recognition Program
Cardiovascular disease refers to a number of very serious and costly conditions, including Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD). To encourage more effective treatment and management, BTE worked with cardiac care experts
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Kowal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1993
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Robert C Kowal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHeart Place, 621 N Hall St Ste 500, Dallas, TX
Dr. Robert C Kowal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.