Dr. Robert Kowalewski Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Kowalewski?

Posted on February 18th, 2016

Very rude, he didn't speak good english, and he didn't seem to care about my concerns.

Highly competent rheumatologist/internist

Posted on May 22nd, 2010

I first met with him about my arthritis. He is the one doctor, and, unfortunately, I have many, even though I feel in good health, who figured out a lot of my symptoms in a holistic way. Things that I thought were unrelated were, in fact, symptoms of an autoimmune disease that has symptoms similar to those of lupus. That meant that he referred me to my ophthamologist for needed medication and annual checks to protect my eyes from loss of vision. He prescribed a simple medication that helps my oral health to prevent tooth loss due to lack of saliva, something no other doctor had diagnosed. It also meant that I digest my food, without stomach pain, because this lack of saliva had been an undetected, lifelong problem. He prescribed a medication for GERD that immediately let me sleep through the night on a normal bed (not sloped dramatically) and which allowed me to eat a normal diet; my previous medication had not helped. He has improved the quality of my life immensely. He figured out immediately that I need compression hose for vascular insufficiency, which he diagnosed; immediately, I was more energetic and did not feel nearly as tired at the end of the day. He figured out on my first visit something no other doctor had noticed. I am a stage 3 breast and lymphnode cancer survivor. He looked at my arms and noted that they were slightly unequal in size. This meant a referral to my cancer surgeon, who then prescribed a custom-made lymphedema sleeve and then also referred me to a physical therapist who specializes in care of patients with lymphedema caused by removal of cancerous lymph nodes. He diagnosed and affirmed through tests that, unfortunately, I have osteopenia, in addition to my arthritis. We have had intelligent discussions about doing what I can as a patient to manage my health. He prescribes medication only when there is not a better solution. So many problems were resolved through his medical insight, starting with my first visit. He looks at alternative medicine for possible solutions, so despite the fact that I have several prescriptions, whenever there is a non-prescription solution, that is what he recommends--vitamins, exercise, sunlight. He is more connected to the world-wide medical field than other doctors I have visited. He takes time to get to know you as a patient. He "hears" what you do not say, as well as what you tell him. He is well-read and well-spoken. He takes whatever time is needed to sort through symptoms--I have never felt rushed at any of my appointments.

Posted on February 18th, 2017