Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Robert Kimber
Robert Kimber, M.D. is a Doctor primarily located in Gulfport, MS. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine, Orthopedic Surgery and Neurological Surgery. Robert Kimber is affiliated with Garden Park Medical Center and Biloxi Regional Medical Center.
Robert Kimber has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine
If you have a back injury or unexplained back pain, your doctor might refer you first to a radiologist and then to an orthopedic spinal surgeon. They specialize in the spine and can diagnose and treat spinal diseases such as scoliosis. They can also treat spinal injuries such as a displaced disc or a fracture, as well as disc degeneration and narrowing that occurs due to aging.
However, when your injury or condition affects the spinal canal or spinal cord, it’s typically better to consult with a neurosurgeon. It's worth noting that, while they're both referred to as surgeons, they can also recommend treatments that don't require an operation, such as non-surgical decompression therapy.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- Anterior Spinal Artery Syndrome
- Arthrodesis (Spinal Fusion)
- Back Injuries
- Cervical Rib Syndrome
- Curved Back (Lordosis)
- Herniated Disc
- Intervertebral disk inflammation (Discitis)
- Lower Back Pain
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Neck Injuries
- Nerve Degeneration
- Spine Inflammation (Spondylarthropathies)
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
Showing 5 of 217
Directly after my surgery with Dr. Kimber my legs no longer felt heavy and as I went through the healing process everything has improved. No Regrets! Glad to be rid of neck pain, vertigo, stumbling and dropping things. Dr. Kimber is kind caring and has a good sense of humor.He made me feel secure and cared about
Elizabeth Ann O'Neal I had trouble with laundry cooking and household chores before I came to Dr. Kimber due to the pain in my back arms and legs. He always has a big smile for you when you come in and he is very thorough and cares about your comfort. He has great attention to detail. Everyone in the office is very friendly and offers assistance. I would recommend him to all.
Kimber is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Garden Park Medical Center
Biloxi Regional Medical Center
25 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Locations & DirectionsPerformance Spine, 12337 Ashley Dr., Gulfport, MS
Robert Kimber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gulfport, MS.