Dr. Robert Lesser Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Robert Lesser?

W

Posted on November 3rd, 2016

Wonderful. MD. Found Glaucoma. Two eyes. Started me on drops two years ago Pressure reduced and no damage two eyes. Continuing With drops nightly. No problems. Wonderful doctor.

Posted on February 18th, 2015

Dr. R. Lesser is a jewel among Doctors. his expertise and outstanding knowledge regarding eyes and balance issues makes this Doctor the last stop for achieving great care regarding your medical issue s

One of a Kind...

Posted on July 6th, 2012

Obviously (and unfortunately) the person who made the below comment has little knowledge about Dr. Lesser and the genius that he is. I have been to his office many times and have had the same type of appointment as the person below. Dr. Lesser is one of two practicing Neuro-Ophthalmologists in the state- and the need for these types of appointments are great. A guy I met there said he came from Rhode Island to see Dr. Lesser! There is a lot of testing involved and patients are warned on the phone and in the paperwork I received that the appointment is a long one (3-4 hours) and there is a lot of waiting in between- I expected it when I went, and so should anyone else who has this type of appointment. They even reminded me as I came in that it was a long appointment. I was well prepared. For the type of care received, it is absolutely worth it. Dr. Lesser is incredibly thorough and doesn't miss a detail. He makes sure he gets everything by recording it into a recorder and asks if everything he said into it was correct. Then he sends a copy of everything to you through email, which is really great to have for your records. I have talked to other patients in the waiting room and couldn't believe to find out that some of them have been coming to him for 38 years and they would never go to anyone else! I agree- Dr. Lesser has a great bedside manner and is concerned about every single one of his patients. He also has a great sense of humor. If you need to "find someone else, anyone else" as the previous commenter wrote, you're going to have to go out of state. This type of care is one of a kind- I love seeing Dr. Lesser.

Find someone else. Anyone else.

Posted on June 15th, 2012

I was at his office for 3-3/4 hours. Spent 2-1/2 to 3 hours of it left waiting in various little rooms between tests and him briefly dropping in for a few minutes at a time before sending me off to another little room and more waiting, 20, 30, up to 45 minutes each time. Tried telling him what I was seeing/going through, each time he'd act irritated at my "interruption" and tell me he'd "get to that later", as he dictates everything into a little recorder. Spent way more time looking at the info sheets they have you fill out than looking at me, and less listening to me. Was more obsessed with getting me signed up for their online email system, stopped to call technician and chew him out for not doing it yet, called front desk to give them my email to sign me up, did ask me more than once throughout the morning if it had been done yet then would scold someone for not doing it yet. (And after I left, realized it never got done.) But he didn't barely examine me, didn't let me talk, didn't listen when I did, and only evaluated for the possible dagnosis another doctor had referred me for. Told me I could be treated by my local doc with simple corrections that we had been trying for years, and were no longer working, things were much more complicated than that. Nope, that's all I needed, he said. When I then said, well what about X and Y and Z? He puffed up and got all angry and arrogant and said, "My job is to decide if you have M (diagnosis referring doc asked) and I say no, you don't." And that was the end of that. Improper, incomplete evaluation of my problems. No attempt or interest in diagnosing or evaluating what it IS, since he declared what it isn't. Arrogant slap down when I tried to ask further. Wasted over 6 hours of my life, and my spouse's, including time driving there and back. And I know nothing more than before I went. He may or may not be right in saying no to the possible diagnosis, but he did nothing else, and doesn't think I need to come back for further diagnosis, so I shouldn't have bothered even going. And would advise you not to.

Glad he is on my team!

Posted on February 8th, 2012

Dr. Lesser diagnosed my illness after 7 years of being passed around from doctor to doctor. I've heard many stories like this before seeing him. He is a specialist and excellent and one of the best in his field. He literally did not let me leave his office until he figured out the issue and ran a gamut of tests.

Posted on November 21st, 2016