Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert L Pompa
Dr. Robert L Pompa, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pompa is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Troy and St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital. Dr. Pompa has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert L Pompa has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Abdominal Pain
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Showing 5 of 16
Amazing Dr..listened to my concerns and talked with me not at me..very kind, intelligent, asked a lot of questions and spent quite a bit of time with me just talking to me. He was sensitive, polite and made me feel like he was going to do all he could to help me, I'm scheduled for testing and i feel like he will find out whats going on with me, i trust in his care 100% to make me well..he was super friendly and not bad to look at either..very handsome.
Dr. Pompa is a pompous a$$. He shooed away my questions about complications to the procedure he was going to perform. After the procedure I was in a lot of pain but he ignored me and sent me home anyway. I had to call 911 within 4 hours of my release and spent 4 days in the hosptial and Dr. Pompa did not come to see me once and it took numerous phone calls and emails from both me and my attending team to consult so that I could get answers to my questions. Even with that not all of my questions were answered. Very disappointed in this supposed expert in the field.
He diagnosed my problem right away - he figured it out according to symptoms when all the docs I went to while living in Europe had no clue. So he did a biopsy and he was right. He is very funny (he calls it "number 2") and friendly, and took time to answer all of my questions. However it is hard to get an appt. He told me just to call and he would return my call if I needed my meds changed. But that has not been working either. I don't think that he gets the message.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Pompa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Robert L Pompa accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHenry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI
Dr. Robert L Pompa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.