Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert L Sweet has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Nuclear Cardiology
Rooted in general cardiology, nuclear cardiologists specialize in a specific, non-invasive imaging technique that's used to diagnose heart disease, evaluate how well your heart is pumping blood, or determine the size and place of a past heart attack.
They’re able to take pictures and video of your heart during stress tests, and in resting states, that allow them to diagnose patients as well as recommended treatments, medication and additional testing that might be needed. They often work closely with radiologists to assess the damage of a past heart attack or the patient's risk for future heart attacks.
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
My family and I have found Dr. Sweet to be an excellant cardiologist. He has a passion for his patients and shows great respect to all family members. He did a heart cath on my father and brought us back into the cath lab after the procedure to review the findings with us. His follow up care was top of the line. He always took time to answer our questions. We also found him to be well respected by hospital staff and other physicians. His office staff is very courteous and the best thing is, there is NEVER a recorded answering machine. You always get a live person when calling his office. He highly recommended..
My dad was his patient for 12 years and when he came to him with a blood clot in his leg Dr. Sweet just changed his blood thinner medication and sent him home. He did not send him to a specialist or diagnose WHY he got the blood clot... while taking coumadin. My dad had a stroke approximately 2 weeks later. Then while in the hospital the doctor got angry with a family member and would no longer care for his patient at all! he threw a hissy fit and walked off. He is arrogant and negligent. Do not use this dr.!
Dr. Sweet is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Robert L Sweet accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBeaumont Adult Medicine, 740 Hospital Dr Ste 110, Beaumont, TX
Dr. Robert L Sweet is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beaumont, TX.