Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert L Weston has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
La Jolla is lucky to have this doctor available at a conveniently located Clinic near the west end of Pearl Street. When other facilities are closed or require long wait times for an appointment, Dr. Weston is an experienced and excellent doctor who can usually be seen on short notice. Charges are reasonable. If tests, or referral to a specialist are required, these and a follow-up appointment can be provided as well.
Unfortunately, Dr. Weston himself is "okay" as a doctor. Rather unsightful and not particularly bad/good as a physician. His office on the other hand... It has been months since I went in for a general check up and I haven't even gotten my results. The ladies behind the desk are unenthusiastic, rude and generally unpleasant. They will call you to make sure you pay them, but do not expect that you will be able to call back - they won't answer. Oh, and they have no voicemail. I was explaining an insurance issue to the extremely unpleasant lady who called me. The response I received: "I'm done with this conversation" - click. As a doctor's office, I highly recommend you take your time, money and patience somewhere else. It has only been a stressful experience. La Jolla Medical Clinic is bad for your health.
Dr. Weston is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1974
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Robert L Weston accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert L Weston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.