Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it & the symptoms
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- Sarcoidosis Facts about sarcoidosis, including causes, symptoms, and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Lahita
Dr. Robert Lahita, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Newark, NJ, with another office in Newark, NJ. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology. Dr. Lahita is affiliated with SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Manhattan, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center and Jersey City Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Lahita has the following 1 specialty
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sjogren's Syndrome
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Thyroid Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Lahita is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Manhattan
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
Jersey City Medical Center
Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Monmouth Medical Center
St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
St Vincents Hospital And Medical Center Manhattan
St Lukes-Roosevelt Hospital -S, New York, Ny
Nbimc Regional Diag & Treatment
40 Years Experience
Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Robert Lahita accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert Lahita is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, NJ.