Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert Lapenna has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 73
It's unfortunate that who you hire affect your credibility. On more than one occasion, when calling the office Dr Lapenna's staff have been very rude and disrespectful, making me feel as if I was annoying even though I was making the call as per the doctor. The viciting nurse at my house needed to speak to the doctor and when she called the office she was also met by the rude and unprofessional staff. When I explained to the women in the phone that every time I called I was greeted with an attitude and I think it's time I look for a new primary doctor she abruptly says, just let me know where I can send the medical records.
Dr. Lapenna is fine doctor with great knowledge and compassion for his patient. Yes you wait a long time to see him but I justify this by the amount of patients he has and the time he share with each one. I would and have recommended him to many friends and family. With that said, his office staff is a horror not sure why this is. Nasty all the time....They get annoyed when you call for an appointment or need test results. Definitely recommend Dr. but beware of staff.....
Dr. Lapenna is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Universidad Del Noreste
Graduated in 1984
Sisters Charity Healthcare System
Dr. Robert Lapenna accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRobert Lapenna Md, 4864 Arthur Kill Rd, Staten Island, NY
Dr. Robert Lapenna is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.