Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Larimer
Dr. Robert Larimer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alexandria, LA, with other offices in Alexandria, LA and Alexandria, LA (and 1 other location). He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Larimer is affiliated with Rapides Regional Medical Center, Holy Family Medical Center and Central Dupage Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Larimer has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Larimer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Rapides Regional Medical Center
Holy Family Medical Center
Central Dupage Hospital
Our Lady Of The Resurrection Med Ctr
Memorial Med Ctr -Mercy Campu, New Orleans, La
Rapides Healthcare System
36 Years Experience
McGill University Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Robert Larimer accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert Larimer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, LA.