Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Leggiadro
Dr. Robert Leggiadro, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Hyde Park, NY, with another office in Hackensack, NJ. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Pediatrics. Dr. Leggiadro is affiliated with Cohen's Children's Medical Center, Richmond University Medical Center and Lincoln Medical & Mental Hlth Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Leggiadro has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Bacterial Infections
- Enterobacteriaceae Infections
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Meningococcal Meningitis
- Pneumococcal Meningitis
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Strep Infection (Streptococcal Infections)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Leggiadro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cohen's Children's Medical Center
Richmond University Medical Center
Lincoln Medical & Mental Hlth Center
North Shore University Hospital
Northshore University Healthsystem
Hackensack University Medical Center
Holy Name Hospital
SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Richmond
Sisters Of Charity Medical Ctr
Le Bonheur Children`s Medical Center
Nassau University Medical Center
University of Tennessee MC-WFBowld
Long Island Jewish Medical Center
Regional Medical Center at Memphis
41 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1976
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Robert Leggiadro accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert Leggiadro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.