Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Lifeso
Dr. Robert Lifeso, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Buffalo, NY. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Lifeso is affiliated with Erie County Medical Center, Roswell Park Cancer Institute and Catholic Health System/Sisters of Charity Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Lifeso has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine
If you have a back injury or unexplained back pain, your doctor might refer you first to a radiologist and then to an orthopedic spinal surgeon. They specialize in the spine and can diagnose and treat spinal diseases such as scoliosis. They can also treat spinal injuries such as a displaced disc or a fracture, as well as disc degeneration and narrowing that occurs due to aging.
However, when your injury or condition affects the spinal canal or spinal cord, it’s typically better to consult with a neurosurgeon. It's worth noting that, while they're both referred to as surgeons, they can also recommend treatments that don't require an operation, such as non-surgical decompression therapy.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Lifeso is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Erie County Medical Center
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Catholic Health System/Sisters of Charity Hospital
Kaleida Health - Buffalo General Hospital
Kaleida Health - Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital
Erie County Med Ctr, Buffalo, Ny
41 Years Experience
University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Robert Lifeso accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRobert M Lifeso MD, 11 Riverside Ave, Buffalo, NY
Dr. Robert Lifeso is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.