Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert C Lufkin
Dr. Robert C Lufkin, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Lufkin is affiliated with Oregon Health Science University Hospital. Dr. Lufkin has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert C Lufkin has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert C Lufkin has the following 6 expertise
- Interventional Oncology
- Cancerous Tumor
Dr. Robert C Lufkin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
When my oncologist moved out of state I was transferred to Dr. Lufkin. I am more than grateful i was at the end of my treatment by the time I had to meet with him. After waiting 50 minutes in the waiting room, I went to the receptionist to find out what the delay was, I had never been left sitting that long by my prior doctor at Compass Oncology. His medical assistant finally took me back to the exam room and that experience was also less than desirable. Amber couldn't even sit down and ask any questions, she stood while taking my vitals and then left the room abruptly. . I had some questions for the doctor when he finally arrived and the answers I received were given in a pompous and arrogant manner. According to his bio, "he treats patients how he would want to be treated", apparently he doesn't want to be listened to and wants a health care provider who is rude and disrespectful. I will be looking for a new cancer treatment facility and would not return to him in any circumstance.
His technical merit is superb. However, when I developed lab-verified side effects from a specific Tx, he would neither acknowledge, nor provide relief for those. When I was initially diagnosed with cancer, I asked for prognosis stats. He was the perfect politician, always answering with rhetoric and unwilling to cite or acknowledge ANYTHING outside the limited sample size of his personal patient base.
NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice
NCQA-architect of America's most popular patient-centered medical home model-has extended medical home concepts to specialists: NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice Recognition. Now, specialty practices committed to access, communication and care coordination can earn accolades as the "neighbors" that surround and inform the medical home and colleagues in primary care.
Dr. Lufkin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of New England College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Providence Medical Center
Dr. Robert C Lufkin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorthwest Cancer Specialists, 5050 NE Hoyt St Ste 256, Portland, OR
Dr. Robert C Lufkin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.