Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert M Elliott
Dr. Robert M Elliott, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mineola, TX. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Elliott is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and Medical City North Hills. Dr. Elliott has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert M Elliott has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Doctor did not even show up for my first appt. He was over an hour late for the next appt. He prescribed blood pressure meds without a physical or even a check up. Staff and Doctor are rude and act as if you are wasting their time and don't want you there. My blood pressure wasn't high enough for a lifetime of BP pills. I was expecting him to give me some coping skills for my stress and suggest a diet and excersie. He talked over me and belittled me so bad I didnt even get to finish the visit because he told me he was to busy and walked out on me. The nurse suggested I set another appt and come back. Not in this life
Dr. Elliott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1980
Caritas Carney Hospital
Dr. Robert M Elliott accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsElliott Thomas Health Center, 415 W Kilpatrick St, Mineola, TX
Dr. Robert M Elliott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mineola, TX.