Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert M Frederickson
Dr. Robert M Frederickson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, AL. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Frederickson is affiliated with Brookwood Baptist Medical Center. Dr. Frederickson has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert M Frederickson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert M Frederickson has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 23
I only went to him because my doctor retired, I don't like the time he takes with his patients. I use their web portal, per their instructions, and I get no response. I asked for refills of normal medications (BP, water pill, sleep, Cholesterol) I get no refill and a letter that I am no longer a patient a week later. I wouldn't recommend him at all.
I am always met with courteous staff anticipating my needs. I always leave satisfied that I am in good hands medically.
Exceptional effort to be thorough. Atmosphere in office and in all areas is warm and welcoming. Dr. Frederickson has the best bed side manner of all doctors I have seen - and I've been seeing doctors for quite a few years. His diagnosis of any problem was well explained and easy to understand. My trust level is "through the roof".
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
Dr. Frederickson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Baptist Health System
Dr. Robert M Frederickson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBrookwood Internists PC, 513 Brookwood Blvd Ste 50, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Robert M Frederickson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.