Dr. Robert Steckler Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Steckler?

Caring professional

Posted on May 18th, 2016

Excellent doctor. Have been seeing him for more than 35 years. Very nice. Makes you totally at ease even when diagnosis could be bad.

Posted on March 4th, 2016

Please don't go to this man. He misdiagnosed my mother. On her first appointment, he acted all nice and caring but as soon as we picked him to be our doctor, he changed his tune. He became curt and disinterested. He failed to instruct us on how to properly handle the process, despite our lack of knowledge about cancer treatment. After my mother's horrific 11 hour surgery (where her face was butchered), he had the nerve to tell her to "put on some make up" and to tell my grandmother to "shut up" and the he was "in charge." Cancer is horrible and terrifying enough. Please do you and your loved ones a favor and steer clear of this man.

Never Again!

Posted on April 15th, 2013

I met Dr. Steckler recently. I found him very arrogant, condescending, and in a big hurry to get me downstairs for a CT scan. Within two minutes, he had examined a lump on my chin and said, "If we were meant to have lumps, we'd come with them. It needs to come off. I always assume people have cancer until proven otherwise." I didn't like his bedside manner at all and would never go to him again. He also had a resident or intern him and I almost felt like he was putting on a show for this other doctor. I left without the CT scan and will go to someone else.

Horrible person, horrible doctor

Posted on December 3rd, 2012

Unless your case is a professional boost for him, he is just an awful person and an awful doctor! I know this because I watched and listened to him with my sick family member as well as with our patient neighbors at the hospital. The walls are thin, and it was so easy to hear his arrogant bellow through the walls.If you are just a regular person with a regular cancer, you are a waste of his time, and he will actually say so! It's astounding what he gets away with. Looking back, I wish so much that we had asked for a different surgeon, so that my mom could have not spent her last months feeling belittled and mocked. It was bad enough that her cancer was terminal, but she would get so tense and anxious when he came around. His favorite answer for everything: "I DON'T KNOW!" And yes, he yells it like you're too daft to get it in a regular tone. Lastly, this was my mom's 3rd surgery in 1 year. With the other 2, other surgeons put in drainage tubes. With her last surgery (that was very similar to her 1st), Steckler didn't bother to put in drainage tubes, even though he gave her up to 6 months to live. Of course, she had fluid buildup and had to have her surgical area drained manually (and painfully) twice. It was just something he could have done to help her have a more dignified and pain free recovery. Man has no class, no heart. Do your loved ones or self a favor and ask for someone else. I don't care what Steckler says about how great he is. He's an awful doctor, and terrible human being.

Posted on November 25th, 2012

When I walked into Dr. Steckler's office the decor itself was warm and comforting. When I was called to the back Dr. Steckler was there to greet me. We went to a lovely conference area before the exam room. All in all, everything was comforting and I felt that the entire office cared! Dr. Steckler was precise but in a kind way and I never felt rushed. My surgery went smoothly and I was very thankful for such a good doctor!

Posted on November 2nd, 2012

My husband went to this doctor and I found him to be extremely arrigant at times to the point that I did not feel he took the time to listen to our concerns. After surgery both my husband and I were extremely surprised at the severity of the surgical sites and since then he has delt with serveral after affects to include bad nerve damage not around the sergical site but lower than.

Cold hearted and cruel

Posted on August 5th, 2012

He made comment prior to breast surgery that my mother would never wear a bikini again. He did a horizontal scar when originally assured us it would be vertical. He was rough in the way he handled her. Her scar is a lot larger than he said it would be. He also talked nonstop about how she should get chemo, rather than showing any compassion or concern for her right out of surgery.

Love this surgeon...

Posted on November 16th, 2011

Dr. Steckler just performed a second surgery for me - at my request. He is terrific and I consider myself very fortunate to have had him.

Dr Steckler, A true God send

Posted on September 20th, 2011

He saved my life

Posted on May 16th, 2010

Dr. Steckler asked me what I wanted out of the cancer surgery. I told him I wanted to see my boys grow up. I think he really wanted to know that I was ready to fight for my life if I expected him to save me. He did indeed. I will always have the highest regard for him and his caring staff! Did I mention it has been 10yrs..

Sharon Conrad

Posted on April 13th, 2009

could not ask for a more caring doctor

Posted on December 29th, 2016