Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert M Macaulay
Dr. Robert M Macaulay, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glenwood Springs, CO, with another office in Aspen, CO. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology and Pathology. Dr. Macaulay has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert M Macaulay has the following 2 specialties
- Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Dr. Robert M Macaulay has the following 3 expertise
- Fluid Testing
- Tissue Biopsy
- Blood Testing
Dr. Robert M Macaulay is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
26 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Robert M Macaulay accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Robert M Macaulay
Dr. Macaulay's professional interests are surgical pathology and hematopathology. He is on staff at both Aspen Valley Hospital and Valley View Hospital.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert M Macaulay, MD - Pathology in Glenwood Springs, CO, in this video.
Dr. Robert M Macaulay is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Glenwood Springs, CO.