Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert J Magnon has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Acne Rosacea
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Magnon is a senior doctor....therefore he has seen it all. I appreciate his to the point discussions and I feel very confident that he is experienced and knowledgeable in all things to do with the skin. He's very friendly and it's not an office who is more interested in selling beauty products than dealing with skin problems.
to the pain he was causing my child. I just don't know how. We went in for a long scheduled appointment for our child. Dr. Magnon was running very late and kind of came bursting in, exchanged a few pleasantries, and then began to open/burst several zits/boils/places? on my child. He took a tool out and was literally turning the skin inside-out. He never acknowledged my child's suffering, or the pain he was causing. He never tried to comfort my child, or tell them that "it was almost over". He appeared to be someone in a hurry and when he was done, could not get rid of us quick enough. I was disgusted and have since obtained excellent care from another dermatoligist who is more concerned with his patients welfare than he is with how many patients he can cram into his day.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
42 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Robert J Magnon accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRobert Jay Magnon Md, 3 Ashin Way, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Robert J Magnon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.