Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Martino
Dr. Robert Martino, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fargo, ND, with other offices in Fargo, ND and Fargo, ND (and 1 other location). He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Occupational Medicine, Family Medicine and Sports Medicine. Dr. Martino is affiliated with Essentia Health St Mary's Hospital - Detroit Lakes, Fargo VA Health Care System and Sanford Bemidji Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Martino has the following 3 specialties
- Occupational Medicine
You might work with an occupational therapist when you’re injured or if you have a disability. They rehabilitate and assist patients with every day activities, such as eating, getting dressed, working and attending social events. This includes self-care, leisure and work-related activities that lead to increased independence and development. Their goal is to empower people to still live the life they want despite any physical, developmental, social and/or emotional issues they might face.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Martino is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Fargo VA Health Care System
Sioux Valley Canby Campus
Union Hospital - CAH
Worthington Regional Hospital
Pioneer Memorial Hospital - CAH
Meritcare Health System
Mid-Dakota Hospital - CAH
Community Memorial Hospital Burke - CAH
Canton-Inwood Memorial Hospital - CAH
27 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Nebraska Medical Center
Dr. Robert Martino accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert Martino in this video.
Dr. Robert Martino is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fargo, ND.