Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert Masi has the following 2 specialties
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert Masi has the following 2 expertise
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Dr. Robert Masi is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Masi has a great bedside manner. He is always smiling and in a great mood. He is always on time, for those that get annoyed waiting for your doctor. He always gives a clear explanation of what you have. I get a lot of ingrown eyelashes and he quickly removes them and I am on my way. He always asks how my family is doing and he genuinely cares. He does Lasik surgery, cataract removal and assists Dr. Biswell, his colleague in Corneal transplants. He is awesome!!!
I love Dr. Masi. I have known him for 19 years. He is punctual, he has a great bedside manner and is always smiling and cheery. He explains what you have in a very clear manner. If you call to speak to him, he will answer if he is not actually examining a patient. He and his colleagues are perhaps the best doctors in ophthalmology. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Masi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
O Connor Hosp
Good Samaritan Hosp, San Jose, Ca
UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
41 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1972
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Robert Masi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBiswell Masi & Sullivan MDs, 220 Meridian Ave, San Jose, CA
Dr. Robert Masi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Jose, CA.