Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert P Mastroianni has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Robert P Mastroianni has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Robert P Mastroianni has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 36
Every day I am reminded of my son's death while he was under the care of this incompetent physician. If anyone is interested in a class-action law suit against this incompetent physician, please contact me. I have all my deceased son's medical records to support my claims. In order for this review to appear, I had to check 1 star, when he is worthy of no stars; he should be in prison.
After way too long with this doctor my husband and I finally found another family practice physician. He is arrogant, not willing to listen, and talks down to you as if you were a child, or worse, an idiot. The turnover among his PA's is astounding. When I had someone I really liked and felt connected to, they had left Mastroianni's operation the next time I needed care. I rarely had the same PA twice. The outstanding ones left in droves. I would advise anyone looking for medical care in upcountry Maui, consider anyone else, even if it means a longer drive. This guy is seriously egotistical and how he is able to maintain his license is a mystery.
This doctor is misinformed and clearly does not keep up with current literature. Physicians take an oath to do no harm which he is actually doing by not providing patients with up to date information and not advocating for his patient's best interests. Please don't waste your time seeing this incompetent individual.
41 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Robert P Mastroianni accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRobert Mastroianni Md Inc, 81 Makawao Ave Ste 100, Makawao, HI
Dr. Robert P Mastroianni is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Makawao, HI.