Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert M Maughon
Dr. Robert M Maughon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gatlinburg, TN, with other offices in Pigeon Forge, TN and Sevierville, TN (and 1 other location). He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Maughon has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert M Maughon has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 31
Have been seeing Dr. Maughon for years, started using him at his Gatlinburg office. Used to get great service, all ways saw him and trusted his care. Now you make an appointment to see him and arrive to find out he is not there, he has spread himself too thin with all the clinics he is now involved with. Now had an appointment I made 2 months ago for a Wellness check for my insurance, which there is to be no charge. Showed up for my appointment today not only find out he was not there, but also told they are no longer in my insurance network(was there just 3 months before) told had to pay for office call( then there was lab work to be done) and they were trying to get back into my insurance network. His staff should have notified me before appointment they are no longer in the network as I had to take time off from work to come in and was not expecting to pay for this visit. I will not be going back to any of his offices ever again. I am now scrambling to find another Dr. who accepts my insurance and get my wellness check and labs done in the next few weeks!
34 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Robert M Maughon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Knoxville PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert M Maughon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gatlinburg, TN.