Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Maupin Jr
Dr. Robert Maupin Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Orleans, LA. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal and Fetal Medicine. Dr. Maupin is affiliated with University Medical Center, Touro Infirmary and West Jefferson Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Maupin Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Hot Flashes
- Pregnancy Complications, Infectious
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Very direct and to-the-point, which I think is necessary in his specialty. He was able to explain my risks very clearly but at the same time made everything seem less scary. I always had full confidence that he would catch any problems before they arose and that kept my mind at ease. He saw me through a high-risk pregnancy all the way to 39 weeks.
Not the best bedside manner. We use him for our high risk twin pregnancy in combination with our OB. He will answer questions if directly asked, but does not go out of his way to explain things in detail. He definitely does know what he is doing, he is just not very friendly and does not elaborate on much. I do feel confident in his ability to monitor my babies.
Dr. Maupin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Medical Center
West Jefferson Medical Center
East Jefferson General Hospital
Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orlea
Kenner Regional Medical Center
24 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Robert Maupin Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsLSU Health Sciences Center, 1542 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA
Dr. Robert Maupin Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.