Dr. Robert F Mclain Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert F Mclain?

Dr. McLain is an amazing back Dr. and surgeon! I have been a patient since 2004. He operated on me in 2004 and 2016 for two different issues. He is very trustworthy and has a very kind soul! He is caring and cares alot about his patients. He will not tell you you need surgery if you don't. He is the only Dr. that I will let operate on me! I very highly recommend him to everyone!!!!

Dr. McLain listens to you!

Dr. McLain listened to my concerns and gave me the confidence to proceed with my surgery. He was very caring and patient with my concerns with such an important surgery.

After being taken from work to the Er. with 2 herniated disc in the neck I went to Dr. McLain who before had done life saving work on my brother. He and his staff are great to work with and vary easy to talk with, informative, knowledgeable, Day after surgery little sore but pain was gone and was up and walking. Its know been 24 weeks I'm back to work feeling good as new. I highly recommend Dr. McLain, His staff, and this hospital they were all great

Very nice Very informative Very concern Great Doctor I love this Doctor .He is Excellent!!!

I was so fortunate to have found Dr. McLain. I was suffering from severe nerve compression. Dr. McLain preformed a lumbar L4-5 spinal fusion in April. I am now 12 weeks out and I am pain free. I was very nervous about this operation. Dr. McLain & his staff put my fears to rest. They were wonderful! The staff & nurses at St. Vincent's were fabulous. It was the best hospital experience I ever had. Room was newly decorated, comfortable and beautiful. I would highly recommend Dr. McLain. He has a gifted surgeon.

The best doctor!

This is just the nicest and most knowledgable doctor! He was able to fix my neck and get me back to work when no one else could. He really listens and cares about each patient as an individual.

Had numbness in left leg. Dr. performed L4-L5 fusion. Two years ago. Great results. Thanks

spondylolisthesis grade 3

Dr Mcklain is definately a surgeon you should seek out if you need a spinal fusion. i just had one done and i am in the recovery right now...i was so scared before the surgery,,like super scared and nervous.. and i promise you ,dr mclain has to be like close to the best. im telling you that i was so scared and thought id be in so much pain after and i pretty much have way less pain a day after the surgery..i highly reccomend it i tooo was so skeptical and fearful,,but take my word if you have mclain you have nothin to worry about except personal allergies and such. This surgery was great and the whole time i was scared to death...dont be,,just go to the cleveland clinic.

Dr. Mclain , the worse.

Dr. Mclain is the worse. He takes little time for his patients. He makes his money on the surgery and cares little about any problems after the surgery.He laughed at the pain I was in. After my surgery I was in extreme pain for over a year thanks to his expertise.3 doctors looked at my films and said I never needed the surgery to begin with.To this day I suffer a great deal of pain because of the surgery he performed.

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry this patient did not get the result they were hoping for. As a salaried surgeon, I am paid to care for patients, and never for the surgeries I do. So my focus is always on how the patient is doing, not on whether they had surgery or not. Since I follow my patients for years after surgery, I am surprised this patient wasn't able to communicate their frustration. As a routine, when someone is having continued pain, we have a full range of other options they are offered - acute pain management, chronic pain management, manipulation or physical therapy, and reevaluation and - sometimes - re-operation. I would never "laugh at" someone's pain, or dismiss them when they were in distress. I apologize if they got the wrong impression.

This man is a gifted genius.

Excellent Outcome

I am 41 years old and had an L5-S1 fusion by Dr. McLain 1.5 years ago due to an injury sustained in my 20's. I was committed to physical therapy both before and after surgery and I did not have complicating factors like obesity, diabetes, smoking, etc. Also, the rest of my spine and body were fine before surgery (only a problem at L5-S1.) I have an excellent outcome so far- Ran in 2 half marathons this year without a problem and back to work (physically demanding job.) Most importantly, I am pain free, but very cautious and diligent in everything I do.

Solved the problem

His staff is amazing. He is very good at what he does. I would have liked to see more involvement after the surgery while I was in the hospital. But again his talent is amazing. He knows his stuff no doubt. Could use better bed side manner.