Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert McMillan
Dr. Robert McMillan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cedarhurst, NY, with other offices in Woodbury, NY and Bellmore, NY (and 3 other locations). He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. McMillan is affiliated with North Shore Univ Hosp At Glen Cove, Long Island Jewish Medical Center and Peninsula Hospital Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert McMillan has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. McMillan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North Shore Univ Hosp At Glen Cove
Long Island Jewish Medical Center
Peninsula Hospital Center
Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Westchester Medical Center
North Shore University Hospital
North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Huntington Hospital
New York Downtown Hospital
North Shore Univ Hosp At Plainview
Vassar Brothers Hospital
North Shore Univ at Manhasset
North Shore Univ Hsp Glen Cove Glen Cove, NY
Franklin General Hospital
Glen Cove Hospital
50 Years Experience
University Of Glasgow
Graduated in 1963
Dr. Robert McMillan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert McMillan in this video.
Dr. Robert McMillan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cedarhurst, NY.